Skip to main content
Exclusive Photoshop lessons for art lovers.
RAW Edit an Outdoor Portrait in Photoshop
In this raw portrait editing tutorial I will show you how to edit an outdoor portrait shot with in natural light and using a reflector. In this tutorial we'll see the following.
First I will edit the image in Lightroom or Camera RAW to make the basic edits:
- Fix the white balance based on the effect I want to achieve
- Change camera calibration settings to tweak the colors
- Change the color luminosity in HSL to focus the light on the model
- Change the Tone Curve to add micro contrast
Once we move in Photoshop we will do the following:
- Remove skin glossiness caused by the reflector
- Fix face lighting using Curves and layer masks
- Enhance skin using Frequency separation
- Sharpen lips and eyes which are out of focus
- Naturally enhance eyes light and color with Hue/Saturation and blend modes
- Use adjustment Layers and Camera RAW to create the final effect